Home / News /Exhibition
The exhibition is currently articulated in two floors. The ground floor accommodates the art of inscriptions part divided in sections: Roman, paleobizantina, altomedioevale and Romanesque.
In the stairwell the Cernazai's collection is exposed, it includes some burial registrations in Greek and Latin coming from the Dalmatia.
The southern section of the ground floor is divided in three rooms two of them contain fragments of tabernacle, columns, plutei, capital, pilastrini, frames from the VI to the IX century.
The last room accommodates the pieces of Romanesque age (XII-XIII sec.) including the bestiario medioevale, with fantastic animals and with pilastrini of the same age. In the inner courtyard of the Palace there are exposed Jewish's tombstones coming from the cemetary of the " stretta giudaica " and coats of arms of different periods.
The noble floor of the Palace accommodates the Longobarda Exhibition that includes seven rooms. The material is ordered chronologically, showing the handmake of the first longobardo takeover in " Forum Julii ", most of which imported, founded in the old necropoli of S. Giovanni e Cella (VI - VII sec.). Great suggestion gives the room that accommodates the roman sarcofago and the equipment of the c.d. Duca Gisulfo, founded in the 1874 in Paolo Diacono's Square (half of the VII century).
In the last room is represented the last expression of the longobarda's art, already influenced by the Carolingio world (Pace del Duca Orso; two holders of the treasure of the Dome, in silver; Invillino's cross).
For a better understanding of the exhibition a new didactic presentation has been experienced, notice-board are displayed above the windows that explain in a simple way the usages and the customs of the Longobardi and the practical employment of the objects exposed.